Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Progress Monday-Wednesday 5/10 - 5/12

Okay so I've forgotten to keep to the every other day blogging business, but I'll do one big update over the course of this week so far. The game is becoming even more like a game, but I haven't upgraded the graphics quite yet (haven't found good graphics on google so I might just have to draw them myself on photoshop or draw them in the game itself, no clue on that one right now). However, I have the scoring system working perfectly and the score will stay the same as it was on the previous level and keep incrementing the same way. On Monday, I read over the comments on my last post about making the enemies move in a more fluid motion rather than someone that just drank 20 5 Hour Energy shots. So that's checked off as well, the enemies move nicely across the screen and bounce off the side in the opposite direction instead of hitting the side of the screen and then pushing through it by force.

Things left to do:
  • Graphics!! (hopefully haha)
  • Number of lives indicator (like the score indicator)
  • Game over screen that will show you what level you got to and what your score was (will have a replay button at the end)
No clue what else there is left to do other than the stuff I just listed. I feel like after all that is accomplished it will feel like a full-fleged game (that could be compared to an Atari 8800 game which isn't much compared to games now-a-days...oh well)

1 comment:

  1. 100 hours of energy! Yikes!

    It sounds like you are making good progress.

    How about sound effects?

    ReplyDelete